Monday, January 16, 2012

Students In a Struggle

How many of you ever struggled with something? Something so strong that it brought you to your knees. Well this has been my struggle in school. Making that adjustment from high school to a four year university can prove to be a challenge. Not having someone there to make you complete your tasks can be really hard. Lets me real, we all rushed to be out of mom's house and from under her radar. We just wanted that freedom. That was me. That freedom is bitter sweet. True you have more room to breathe and be yourself, but we all need to be monitored in some form. I was an honor roll student in high school, but this isn't the case in college. My grades aren't horrible, but I know I can do better. This semester I definitely will. I want you to know, if you are reading this to keep your mind on God. He will guide you on the right path to get it right the first time. This is my first time blogging which is why its so short, but I will get better with it. I found this prayer for students. I didn't write it, but I found it very powerful. 
God of Light and Truth,
thank you for giving me
a mind that can know
and a heart that can love. 
Help me to keep learning every day of my life,
for all knowledge leads to you.
Let me be aware of your presence
in all things and at all times. 
Encourage me when work is difficult
and when I am tempted to give up;
encourage me when my brain seems slow
and the way forward is difficult. 
Grant me the grace to put my mind to use
exploring the world you have created, 
confident that in you there a wisdom
that is real.
Amen. 

Charles Henderson 

I'd appreciate any comments. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment